Tuesday, January 6, 2015

20 Week Bumpdate

We are halfway there!
How far along: 20 weeks

Baby Size: A small cantaloupe

Weight gain: Still no idea (I knew that I didn't want to get caught up in a number, so each time I've been to my doctor I've closed my eyes as I've gotten on the scale and just asked them if I'm right on track, or need to slow down or gain more. So far, I've been on track and that's all that matters! :)

Maternity clothes: Yup. I ordered a few things from Destination Maternity this past week and oh my! My Pea in a Pod tshirt and leggings came today and I'm in love. SO comfy and soft. The pieces I ordered are all shipping separately so the rest of my order should be here by Thursday. I had to order a couple pairs of maternity shorts and a swimsuit for our fast approaching trip to Fort Myers/Sanibel Island. I can't wait for them to come in so I can try them on. I was holding out on ordering maternity clothes but now I'm wondering why. In love. I might just live in my new maternity leggings for the rest of my pregnancy.



Stretch marks: None yet. 

Sleep: I've come to the conclusion that my husband and I need a bigger bed ;) I've been waking up several times a night to use the bathroom and sleeping much lighter than normal so every time my husband tosses or turns it wakes me up as well. It's not too terrible but I'm not looking forward to continuing to get bigger and more and more uncomfortable.
 
Gender: It's a GIRL!

Movement: Oh yes ;) I can feel her at random moments throughout the day and I love it.

Best moment this week: No one moment stands out this week but I have to say, it was pretty cool coming home from a 14 hour shift at the hospital the other night and not only had our crib arrived, but my husband had already put it together. It looks great and I love the crib we chose. I also love how excited and involved my husband is. Not only did I come home to her crib put together, but I noticed that he had been reading through one of the baby books he ordered. I don't think I take the time to thank him enough for all that he does. Not everyone has such a loving, supportive, and involved spouse and I truly am lucky to have him as a husband and our little girl will be so lucky to have him as her dad!

Looking forward to: Our upcoming Babymoon/belated honeymoon to Florida!

Food cravings: I'm still loving all things sweet (except sweet drinks). I'm sure I'm not the only one whose diet took a turn for the worse during this holiday season, but I really am trying hard not to let this pregnancy give me an excuse to eat whatever I want. I am trying to get back to eating healthier. Today I stocked up on plenty of fruits, veggies, and lean meats at the grocery store. Hoping that a better diet will have me looking and feeling good for the duration of the pregnancy.

 
Feeling extra large this week ;)
  
Anything making you queasy or sick: As I mentioned here, any rich or sugary drinks are still off the table
 
Labor Signs: Nope.
 
What I miss: This week I really noticed a huge growth spurt- I guess that makes sense considering our little girl is as big as a cantaloupe now. To be honest, I just feel so much bigger all of a sudden and I've started really missing my old body. My flat tummy and basically just not feeling like a whale ;)) I already have been walking a few miles a day (on the treadmill since it's been so cold here lately) and I'm hoping that the better diet mentioned above will improve both my physical health and my mood.
 
Symptoms: Heartburn at night and that's pretty much it this week.
 
Nursery: Starting to come together! 
 
Belly Button in or out? In.

Wedding rings on or off? On.

Mood: A little bit of everything






No comments:

Post a Comment