Monday, December 8, 2014

Bumpdate - 16 weeks

I cannot believe that I have not updated this blog in literally years! I still love reading blogs, but time and just life in general sure has kept me from putting in the effort to put out any posts of my own. 

This year there have been so many changes though, and I would love to start chronicling my life again. Newly married and expecting our first child.. there are going to be so many fun memories that I won't want to forget! 

So here we go, my first ever Bumpdate:


How far along: 16 weeks

Baby Size: Avocado 

Weight gain: Honestly, no idea. I knew that I didn't want to get caught up in a number, so each time I've been to my doctor I've closed my eyes as I've gotten on the scale and just asked them if I'm right on track, or need to slow down or gain more. So far, I've been on track and that's all that matters! :)

Maternity clothes: Yup! Not so much tops, but I officially own two pairs of maternity jeans that I pretty much live in when I'm not wearing my scrubs for work. This week I also had to shop for a few new bras in a size up. 

Stretch marks: None yet. 

Sleep: Eh, it's not terrible. I'm a lifelong stomach sleeper though, so it's been a bit of an adjustment. We bought a Snoogle from Bed, Bath,and Beyond that's helping a bit.
 
Gender: Unknown. 

Movement: None yet.

Best moment this week: We had a dinner this past Saturday night at the 180 Room (a private room of Oklahoma Joe's that we rented out for the evening) to celebrate our getting married with our families and a few good friends. It was such a great time for both Zach and I, and so special to have so many people that we love all together! By far the highlight of our week.

Looking forward to: Finding out if Baby B is a boy or girl!! We have our ultrasound scheduled for Monday December 22nd.

Food cravings: Nothing specifically, but if I think of something that sounds good it's like I have to have it and now! 
 
  Anything making you queasy or sick: Sugary drinks. Definitely my biggest pregnancy adversion. I cannot stand the thought of drinking soda or juice. Yuck. I pretty much can only tolerate water. I was queasy/sick all the time from around week 6 until week 9 or so, but thankfully it's not so bad now and I only feel queasy every once in awhile.
 
Labor Signs: Nope.
 
What I miss: Wine, a flat tummy, tough workouts
 
Symptoms: Right now I'd say my biggest symptom is heartburn. No bueno.
 
Nursery: We bought a glider/rocker/recliner for our nursery that will be delivered this week. We already have a dresser we are using that is a family heirloom. Next on our list is finding the perfect crib ;) 
 
Belly Button in or out? In.

Wedding rings on or off? On.

Mood: Anxious & excited for everything ahead!




 Our first ultrasound! Seeing that there was, in fact, a baby inside of me and seeing the little beating heart was the coolest thing. 

 Our pregnancy announcement photo


Getting ready to head out for my 3rd OB appt at 14 weeks

Hoping to get better at taking pictures to add to each entry ;) We are so excited for the next chapter in our lives and I hope to document this whole journey here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment