Monday, June 11, 2012

A Quick Recap...

I'm going to join everyone else and say that this weekend went by way too fast.

Friday I went over to my parent's house for some important business - raiding their kitchen and floating around their pool with a fruity drink in hand. They are wanting to move {eventually} so they have been going through some stuff and I had a box of things to pick up to bring back here.

Saturday Zach and I woke up and while I sucked down coffee like the non-morning person I am, he went downstairs to lift weights. Once I was finally awake we went on a 7 mile run together. We ran it in a little over an hour, and while our time might not be super fast - it was a very difficult run and I am so proud of us! 


Later that day we went to a BBQ at one of his buddy's houses. I really will remember to start taking more pictures one of these days, but unfortunately I took exactly zero pictures of all our weekend fun.

Sunday we slept in and then joined some of our friends at their apartment complexes pool. It was a great Sunday Funday filled with swimming, laying out, BBQing dogs, and indulging in a beverage or three ;)

By the time we got home Sunday we were exhausted and finished up Season 1of this show on Netflix:

We are hooked! I love a show that has a woman that is strong (physically and mentally) and kicks butt. We do find ourselves occasionally rolling our eyes while watching this and saying "Yeah, right. Surrrrrre that could really happen!" But honestly? We are hooked, and can't wait to watch Season 2. Unfortunately it's not on Netflix so we'll have to find some other way.

Other things I've been loving lately? 

Favorites post--- coming tomorrow! 

I'm off to pour myself a glass of wine and plan dinner, as we have dinner guests tonight!

2 comments:

  1. I'm a slow, slow runner, but just getting out there and covering a distance makes me feel good! Definitely something to be proud of :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think difficult runs are way more satisfying than easy runs because when you get home you know you really worked hard and you can be proud of that. So, congrats on your awesome run (and at a decent pace to boot)!

    ReplyDelete