Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Total Diet Makeover

This past weekend I ran the Hospital Hill 10k, which courses through parts of downtown KC. Despite not training for it, I not only met my goal- I exceeded it!

It was my first 10k, and a very difficult course, and I finished in under an hour, with my fastest mile split coming at mile 5 and being 8:48. What!? I couldn't be more proud of myself, Zach, or my good friend who also ran that day.

The morning was beautiful, the race was well organized and started on time, and afterwards it was fun walking around -enjoying the fountains and the vendors that were set up giving out free goodies.

I only wish I had taken some pictures. I didn't bring my camera, and the camera on my phone? Sucks. (Speaking of my phone, I debated what I would do with it during the race, but ended up running with it in my hand. Honestly it didn't bother me as much as I thought it might)

The only pictures taken that day:

Afterwards- in my race shirt, flip flops, bib, and metal :) 

Yep, I made him pose too :)
The whole race experience was great and left us both wanting more. We are considering signing up for a half marathon soon - just waiting to pick the perfect one for our first. We've been reading up on local races and race reviews. More on that to come!

With all the running I've been doing lately you'd think that I would have lost weight...you'd be wrong. Maintained weight? Nope. I've gained 3 pounds. WTH!

I know when you exercise you build muscle. I'm no stranger to exercise. I played volleyball and basketball throughout school, I was on my high school swim team for 3 years, and I also ran cross country for a couple seasons in high school. My problem has always been this:

--I'm not hungry right after I workout so I don't eat. An hour or so later I'm starving! After I eat something, I am usually insatiable for the rest of the day. I eat like a crazy person! Yesterday was no exception and I woke up feeling crappy and unhappy with myself.

So, I'm doing something about it! I'm starting a one week whole food challenge today.

Whole Food Challenge: eat only whole foods for one week (Sounds simple, right?)


To be continued... !!









1 comment:

  1. But you look FANTASTIC, Jaimie!! That is really all that matters :-) Happy to hear that your race went so well-- less than 9 minute mile what?? ;-D Congrats!

    ReplyDelete