Monday, December 22, 2014

18 Week Bumpdate

How far along: 18 weeks

Baby Size: Sweet potato

Weight gain: Still no idea (I knew that I didn't want to get caught up in a number, so each time I've been to my doctor I've closed my eyes as I've gotten on the scale and just asked them if I'm right on track, or need to slow down or gain more. So far, I've been on track and that's all that matters! :)

Maternity clothes: Yup. No maternity tops but I'm still wearing my two favorite pairs of jeans I bought from Motherhood Maternity and a really comfy long maxi skirt I have. Funny enough, at work this week my non-maternity scrub bottoms finally got a bit too uncomfortable. I had my friend at work cut the seams with a scissors to let them out a bit. Gotta do what ya gotta do!

Stretch marks: None yet. 

Sleep: Not terrible. I'm a lifelong stomach sleeper though, so it's been a bit of an adjustment... still using this Snoogle 
 
Gender: We just found out today! We will be sharing the news with our families on Christmas morning and will be announcing the gender to everyone else shortly thereafter.

Movement: None yet.

Best moment this week: The ultrasound today was incredible. It was surreal to see our child and be able to pick out precious body parts like fingers, toes, legs, spine etc. It was reassuring to see that baby is doing alright in there and that everything appears on track and normal. And of course I bawled like a baby when we found out the gender. We both just could not be any more overjoyed than we are.

Looking forward to: Christmas Day!

Food cravings: Nothing specifically, but if I think of something that sounds good it's like I have to have it and now! 
 
  Anything making you queasy or sick: As I mentioned here, any rich or sugary drinks are still off the table
 
Labor Signs: Nope.
 
What I miss: Wine, a flat tummy, tough workouts
 
Symptoms: A new symptom that I just started experiencing in the last day or two- occasional/intermittent abdominal and lower back pains. ouch! 
 
Nursery: Now that we know the gender I think the nursery is really going to start coming together! As I mentioned, we have our glider now and we have a dresser we are using for the bab, so next on our list is finding the perfect crib ;) 
 
Belly Button in or out? In.

Wedding rings on or off? On.

Mood: Joyful



18 week baby bump!

No comments:

Post a Comment